enter site Great Easton Defibrillator Update –
The Parish Council has installed a defibrillator within the village.
A defibrillator is a computerised medical device that can be used to save a life following a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Studies have shown that you have less than 5 minutes from a SCA to save the life. The chances of survival decrease by 23% per minute beyond this period. A SCA can happen to any of use at any time. A defibrillator is estimated to be 10 times more effective in saving a life than any other community healthcare scheme.
Anyone can use a defibrillator – even YOU!!
The Great Easton defibrillator is in the old phone box outside the shop
If you think someone’s heart might have stopped, don’t stop to check; call for help – then:
• When there are two of you, http://qualityfirstcontractor.com/tag/water-damage/ one person should go to get the defibrillator
• see url Take a mobile phone with you (there is no phone in the phone box anymore)
• Note where the casualty is so you can tell the Emergency Services
• how old to buy claritin Call 999, ask for ‘Ambulance’ and follow their instructions.
• They will give you a code to open up the defibrillator box and talk you through what to do.
You don’t need training and you cannot make a mistake when using the defibrillator – just follow the instructions
Go and look in the phone box and see what our defibrillator looks like – there is an instruction sheet there with it.
Then in an emergency, you’ll know where it is and what to do with it!